NEED A NORTH HOUSTON HOME FOR A ROOSTER

Catfishy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Okay so here is the story. There is a school on the southwest side of Houston that had the high school kids hatch chicken eggs for science class. Once they hatched the instructor said he would take the birds if the kids did not want them. The young lady who is friends with my daughter in Girl Scouts did not want the teacher to take the bird because the end result was to become a meat bird. The young lady who rescued the bird from the knife wants the bird to live and be happy. I and my daughter went to get the bird yesterday with the hopes of adding it to our flock.

Today while in still in quarantine we took some time to interact with our new addition. I fear that it is a Rooster and not a hen. Mostly behavioral stuff right now. It tries to fight us with its feet and I believe that spurs are starting. Due to the deed restrictions we are already tempting fait by having our girls. My immediate neighbors are okay with us having hens but not roosters. I was wondering if you would be willing to give this one a kind home. I would be happy to bring him to you if you are on the north end of Houston.

Right now the pullet is 7 - 8 weeks old. Please let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom