need a rooster to get the hens laying eggs??

jackolantern

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
this was too funny thought id share.. i just got off the phone with someone pretending they knew something about chickens.. haha she told me i wouldnt get eggs if i didnt have a rooster to start them laying.. i hope you all get a good laugh out of that... hey maybe if we use that at a meeting about chickens in the city they might let us have roos
big_smile.png
tongue.png
cool.png

LOL! One of my girlfriends is an OB/GYN and she was asking me how the eggs get fertilized...
smile.png

I wouldn't have known anything about chickens a year ago either, so I can't poke fun!

aparently her grandmother told her that.. i didnt want to be rude but another old wives tale.. she wont be thrilled im laughing at her but at least i didnt use her name haha

I've heard that often actually. Hearing those things IS funny now, but I was just as ignorant when I got started. I never knew that roosters...ummm...were basically anatomically built like Ken dolls
tongue.png
But at least I DID know you didn't have to have a rooster to get eggs...lol.

I hear this all the time. I explain over and over that we want to eat the eggs, not hatch the eggs. I hate giving the birds and the bees talk to people but I didn't know it all in the beginning either.
cool.png

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
she was just here and told me it wasnt safe to eat fertilized eggs.. some peoples kids lol

Back
Top Bottom