Need advice for chick (updated with photos)....

Ok. I'll give it a try. At least he's healthy other than the neck. The little guy is growing like a weed. He's definately a unique. So far one side has feathers like a silkie and the other has normal feathers lol. The mom is a silkie and the dad is a americana- barred rock mix. It's really weird. Hopefully that doesn't play apart in the neck problem lol.

Ok. I know it's been a while so here's an update. I've completely taken him of all vitamins and his neck has straightened out. He fits in with all the other birds except for a few thing.

1) He has two different types of feathers. One side appears to have a silkie look to them and the other side is smooth.
P2220269.jpg

2) He has two different colored legs lol.
P2220279.jpg

Anyone else have a situation like this?

nice to see the update and glad to see the crookneck problem seems to have resolved ... I have no personal knowledge of such a feathering issue.

WOW, what a recovery! He's adorable! I think I remember reading about something similar to this somewhere. If I remember correctly, it's a genetic thing that's usually lethal! Great job saving him!

Back
Top Bottom