Need advice for re-settling a rooster.

Quote:
Yup!
smile.png

I would say not neccessarily... Lots of backyard birds appear healthy but have been exposed to diseases and are carriers. They may not be actively shedding viruses at the time they appear healthy, but the stress of moving can cause them to exhibit disease symptoms, and cause them to shed viruses in their nasal secretions, what have you. I still don't think it's too late to quarantine. I don't think every positive carrier is constantly shedding viruses and infecting every bird within range. I think they are WAY more contagious when they are showing symptoms of sickness. When you quarantine, you are giving him a chance to stress out on his own, see if he shows symptoms, sneezing, watery eyes, listlessness, weight loss, unusual poop, smell bad, crusty scaly legs, cloudy eyes, gasping/gaping, lack of coordination, sores on their heads, etc... Meanwhile, you can use the time to treat for parasites, worm them, dust for external bugs, maybe feed a little higher protein to boost him nutritionally wise if he needs it.

Back
Top Bottom