Need advice/help for sick, dying flock

alladnar

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2020
Hello all I've been poking around the internet for help but there is so much info I'm having a hard time sorting through it.

I've had a small flock of ten black sex link hens for a bit over three years and have never had any serious health problems. Several day ago I noticed one bird laying/sitting around not acting right. Most of the others seemed ok. A day later I noticed her in the run standing next to the waterer and would hardly move. Her crop appeared very full and when I tried to move her, what appeared to be water spilled from her beak. The next day I found her dead in the corner of the run.

I noticed a couple hens last night that were sleeping in the nesting boxes as opposed to the roost and there were no eggs yesterday. Now the whole flock is acting like the hen I lost. Very lethargic, standing or sitting around, odd colored and foul smelling diarrhea, and very full crops. I don't want to lose any more birds but am not sure what the problem is or what to do for them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom