Need advice/help for sick, dying flock

Would it be advisable to try corid in the event it is coccidiosis?

Would this complicate things if it's sour crop?

Would it be advisable to try corid in the event it is coccidiosis?

Would this complicate things if it's sour crop?
As far as I know Corid has not contraindications with sour crop treatments (anti-fungals)
Unlikely for several 3 year old hens to have Coccidiosis unless something in environment has drastically changed.

As far as I know Corid has not contraindications with sour crop treatments (anti-fungals)
Unlikely for several 3 year old hens to have Coccidiosis unless something in environment has drastically changed.

What do you mean by environment drastically changing? Could letting them free range after several weeks confined to the coop/run be drastic enough?

Thy don't seem that interested in food, they only want to drink water. I've not seen improvement after replacing the new feed, so I'm starting to doubt it was the feed. Still just very lethargic, standing/sitting most of the time, and terrible smelling diarrhea. The coop smells bad.

What do you mean by environment drastically changing? Could letting them free range after several weeks confined to the coop/run be drastic enough?

Thy don't seem that interested in food, they only want to drink water. I've not seen improvement after replacing the new feed, so I'm starting to doubt it was the feed. Still just very lethargic, standing/sitting most of the time, and terrible smelling diarrhea. The coop smells bad.
You won't see immediate improvement after switching out bad feed. They have to overcome the effects of the bad feed first.

Just my 2 cents, if they’re drinking a ton of water, way more than usual, they can definitely give themselves an electrolyte imbalance - a good idea to give them electrolytes in the water to be on the safe side, if you’re not already doing so. An imbalance can cause them more problems on top of what they already have going on.
I have not had to deal with any sort of crop stasis in my own birds (yet) but that would be my suggestion in the interim to counteract any ill effects of excessive water intake. :)

Are there any no nos on stuff to mix together in their water. I have some acv, electrolytes, and probiotics mix, but don't know if I should mix it.

Make sure one waterer contains only plain water, so they can balance things for themselves--too much and too little are both harmful.

Electrolytes can go in a separate waterer.

I don't know which ones can be safely mixed, but you could just put out 4 waterers, and let them choose.

Are there any no nos on stuff to mix together in their water. I have some acv, electrolytes, and probiotics mix, but don't know if I should mix it.
What is that? No Nos On stuff?

What have you tried? Have you tried a flush, treating as sour crop with an anti-fungal....?
Drinking a lot of water is due to the crops being filled - the birds are trying to flush their system. They likely will not eat, no sense in adding food when their crop is not emptying.

I would not mix all that in the water - if one must add something to the water, then choose 1.
They also mentioned trying Corid. If they are going that route, then Corid should be the only thing in the water and the only water source.

Back
Top Bottom