Need Advice on a Broody Hen situation

I can’t provide much info on hatching. I’ve incubated and hatched quail. I’ve bought and raised chicken chicks myself. I’ve bought chicken chicks for a momma hen to adopt a few times (always successful). But, I’ve never hatched chicken chicks.

If the chick is moving around, and went under momma that is good. But, if lethargic, you might want to give some nutridrench for a boost. The abdomen might be yolk and might be umbililical, and should go away.
Good luck and I hope the lethargic chick perks up!
Thank you!! I will try that and see if it helps.

I had two broody girls sit on the same nest and incubate together.
Of course all the other girls wanted to use the same box.
So I marked the eggs with a permanent marker so I could always tell them from the others.
Those 4 babies are now 2 weeks old.
I had to separate the two mommas after about 11 days because one started attacking the other. They were fine together until then.
They each have 2 chicks in their separate little coops.
You never know how broodys will be. :confused:
I hope your momma and babies do well.

I had two broody girls sit on the same nest and incubate together.
Of course all the other girls wanted to use the same box.
So I marked the eggs with a permanent marker so I could always tell them from the others.
Those 4 babies are now 2 weeks old.
I had to separate the two mommas after about 11 days because one started attacking the other. They were fine together until then.
They each have 2 chicks in their separate little coops.
You never know how broodys will be. :confused:
I hope your momma and babies do well.
Thank you! I definitely learned my lesson regarding new eggs being added and not having a clue on when. LOL

Happy your hens are doing well!

So...an update. I checked on the mom and babies late this afternoon and she was up and showing them how to eat! So cool to watch her and the 6 little chicks were running around copying her. I still have the one that looks a bit off and one that is still hatching out of the egg. The eggs that have not hatched by tomorrow afternoon I will have to remove. Thank you everyone!! I love this group and appreciate the quick responses and support!! :love

I am having a problem with my broody hen getting rid of eggs. I can walk out to my coop and there will be at least one egg on the ground shattered. I need some advice on what I can do to stop this

Back
Top Bottom