NEED ADVICE ON HATCHING BLACK COPPER MARAN EGGS

troeseler

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 2, 2013
Hi! I have one of those crappy farm innovators incubators. I have only used it once before to hatch guinea fowl. It worked fine for that. Keeping the humidity stable is a pain in the rear but I'm here all day so I manage to stay on top of it. I have read about 20 different opinions on what humidity to use for BCM's and I'm still feeling very uncertain about what I should use. The manufacture recommends 50 to 60 and then 65 at lock down. The lady I bought them from recommends 45 and 55 to 60 at lock down. I have read everything from dry to 65 and 70 at lock down. Opinions from experienced BCM hatchers would be very appreciated.

I recently hatched a bunch of my BCM eggs. I keep my humidity around 55 +/- on ALL of my chicken eggs. My most recent hatch was a horrible thing.. come to find out my hova bator built in temp reader was WAAAAYYYY off but my humidity was right. most all of the eggs either didn't hatch or were deformed. (killing baby chicks is NOT FUN) The only eggs to hatch and be healthy were my BCM's and a couple Rhode Island Reds. so apparently, they are very easy to hatch. haha Don't stress yourself. Worry more about the temp. At lockdown I went up to 65% give or take a bit.

Hope that helps...

Good luck to ya!

Back
Top Bottom