Need advice on how to hang artwork

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
So I made this on my scroll saw because I thought it would look nice in our living room:
20181209_055516.jpg
I sanded and polyed it yesterday so its ready to hang now! Only one problem...how do I hang it?! I didnt have the hindsight to design a way to do that. Its plywood so I cant just put screws in it because it will crack. Its very intricate and delicate...plus huge! Around 24x24. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Find the center of gravity, I’m guessing between O and M put one nail or screw at the right height into a stud, not just the sheet rock. Hang from that nail! Simple and effective. That’s how all the pictures etc are hung at my parents(including a full sized mirror with Ornate cast iron frame) and now that we are adults/middle age, our house too!

Find the center of gravity, I’m guessing between O and M put one nail or screw at the right height into a stud, not just the sheet rock. Hang from that nail! Simple and effective. That’s how all the pictures etc are hung at my parents and now that we are adults/middle age, our house too!
Thats what i was thinking about doing but I wasnt sure if thatd be the best route. I wont be doing this until later because im the only one awake right now lol. Im open to other suggestions but this is what i was thinking might be my only option

Well you could hang it with one or more nails/screws in the open parts of the letters, that's actually how I hung my coop sign as there weren't holes for hanging. Doesn't look "clean" but it works.

Or you could use ribbon or decorative rope and tie it around maybe the hole in the O and the E to make a hanger.

I suppose it's not durable enough to uh... not sure what to call it, but gouge in a keyhole in the back for hanging?

Well you could hang it with one or more nails/screws in the open parts of the letters, that's actually how I hung my coop sign as there weren't holes for hanging. Doesn't look "clean" but it works.

Or you could use ribbon or decorative rope and tie it around maybe the hole in the O and the E to make a hanger.

I suppose it's not durable enough to uh... not sure what to call it, but gouge in a keyhole in the back for hanging?
I ended up using two screws on center so they were both in the stud. It looks very nice
20181209_141721.jpg

Back
Top Bottom