Need advice on lockdown

yes, that is the one thing I keep checking. Like every 15 mins ALL day! Lol. I have my little flashlight looking all over the eggs for pips. I like how you can view the eggs so well in the Brinsea Mini. I feel like I can see the eggs better than If they were in a cut down carton. So I will let you guys know how it turns out. I can’t control my excitement!

Day 21 starts right now. 10:00 am. Still wasn’t seeing any action so I replaced the cut out circle with the regular flat one. I wanted to see if the eggs were actually moving, and let the kids see too. I’m pretty sure they were fine the way they were. Anyhow, 3 of the 5 are wiggling and have moving shadows in the air cells. The other 2 are definitely still alive, saw movement when candling. No chirping yet, so I don’t think they’ve internally pipped yet. Going to try and not touch them again. Hopefully these babies will hatch soon! I just got done telling them (the eggs), “You have made it this far in your little marathon, don’t quit now!” Lol. Hoping to be able to share some pics soon of my babies:)

So we are on day 21. Earlier today, I was checking them and now they are ALL 5 moving! And I can hear chirping from the eggs. Finally internally pipped:). Every time I talk or whistle to them, the eggs wiggle;). So quick question, I can’t remember from the last time I incubated eggs... is this considered “Late” for an internal pip? Day 21 started 5 hours ago at 10am (using set date as 0). Or should I expect to have to assist? Right now I’m leaving them, but thinking about putting an emergency hole in aircell if they haven’t broken the shell by tomorrow? CF60EED9-162E-4DFE-8872-56494C1F837F.jpeg

This was one of my shipments this year... they told me at the post office that my box was “leaking”.... and that I could borrow their mail tub to keep it in until I got home. 9A1E5F35-A1BA-4898-8C15-F1EF9CD73C4B.jpeg D2360B5E-A345-4649-A94B-126AE0A58C3A.jpeg F9B3FADC-62B4-4BA9-88FF-5390AB0009C5.jpeg 2FA01CB9-708D-4C5C-BCB6-B16A5E8C2007.jpeg 030ED6DD-CABF-4A0E-8F19-4B15A866CAC0.jpeg
Ps. Seller was awesome and sent me out new eggs at no extra charge.

Just had my first external pip! At 5:11pm. I was actually watching the eggs moving when the first one pipped! Ugh, I feel like a kid waiting to go on vacation or something! I can’t stop watching them! We are 7 hours into day 21!

Back
Top Bottom