Need advice on my new web site

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by William Grace, Jan 26, 2010.

1. William Grace

William Grace Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2010
    Lawrenceburg,TN
    Hi All

I have posted more information on the La Fleche fowl. Visit my web site http://longhornpoultryfarm.webs.com/ and tell me what you think.

Thanks William Clayton Grace

2. Diavolicchio

Diavolicchio Buk Buk Buk Buh-GAWWWK

First and foremost, post some beautiful PHOTOS that provide an idea of what the Standard of Perfection is for the breed. The hand renderings on your site are beautiful, but you've got way too many of them, especially given the complete lack of any actual photos of the breed.

John

3. William Grace

William Grace Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2010
    Lawrenceburg,TN
    Quote:Hi Diavolicchio
    Thank You for your advice and I plan to post many actual photos in next few weeks as soon as I get them. I did not want to post photos of others La Fleche. There is a place were others can post pictures of there La Fleche or any other breed of poultry they want.

Thanks William Grace

4. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    So far very nice.. and very informational!

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Love the website, especially the organization and the design. The only thing I'd say to change are the "photos" - People want to see real La Fleches, especially me! I'm very pleased to see someone trying to preserve such a rare, little known breed.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Are you aware that even the APA Standard of Perfection doesn't contain photographs....only artist renderings of the breeds?

7. Diavolicchio

Diavolicchio Buk Buk Buk Buh-GAWWWK

Quote:Yes, I'm aware. But that still doesn't negate the fact that his website would benefit significantly from some actual PHOTOS of the breed that were truly representative of the Standard of Perfection for the breed.

John

8. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Very nice design and layout. Lots of areas of interest.

My suggestions are

- add a phone number and possibly your address to the Contact page. We get A LOT of people who find our website and then call to order chicks, pullets, meats, etc. Some also use our contact form (similar to yours), so I would leave that.

- when you add photos, include some of your farm in addition to photos of the La Fleche. Some people are very visual, find photos interesting and enjoy 'touring' farms online. You could take a look at our site if you like. You'll find we have 1 - 3 photos of the farm, chicks or animals on every page. We get many comments from customers who say they enjoyed the photos.

- I like that classic, almost mystic photo in the site header. But could you take a picture from your farm, apply the same 'look' and put it in the header? Perhaps a photo that could become sort of a 'logo' or 'branding' for you. And that would also be suitable for use on business cards, letterhead, etc in the future.

Hope this is helpful. Again, I did enjoy my visit and like the site. When you add photos of the La Fleche, please let us know. I'd like to see your flock.

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Very traditonal loooking website. very proper. [​IMG]

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Some of your fonts are not good choices--the lines run together without sufficient spacing top to bottom or the letters run together without proper spacing between them. Otherwise quite nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by