Need advice PLEASE

buddiesmomma

Hatching
Jan 31, 2016
Hi I had a pigeon come to my house back in june amd hes been with my family every day since. We have created such a bond with him. Ik hes a racing pigeon because he had bands on his ankles. I didnt contact the owner because I heard from the vet and others that if he didnt return back home then he would be killed. Needless to say hes very friendly and gained trust in all of us. He would even "walk" into my house when hes ready to come inside. Last week we had over 14inches of snow and he stayed in the house most of the time. He went out tuesday morning and was hanging around with my husband outside until my husband went to go pick my son up from school he was gone we he got home. We havent seen since and its been a week. Im very concerned he possibly could of went back to his owner or could he have gotten lost or confused with all the snow? Has anyone had this kind of situation?

Im very concerned he possibly could of went back to his owner or could he have gotten lost or confused with all the snow? Has anyone had this kind of situation.
He or she may have went out to find a mate to bring back to your property.
It is possible that it fell pray to a predator.
If it is any consolation I had one pigeon that I wrote off that had gone absent for over 2 months. The bird finally made it home all cover in soot dehydrate and just a rack of bones. He did make a full recovery however.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your input..im hoping he went to find a mate to bring back. Im so happy to hear your pigeon returned and made a full recovery.

Thank you so much for your input..im hoping he went to find a mate to bring back. Im so happy to hear your pigeon returned and made a full recovery.

I brought a few of my best white homers to a memorial service for my sister in law on this past Saturday. One bird I wrote off because it was not home when I arrived. Luckily it came home 24 hours late. I am guessing he must have been chased out of the flock by a bird of prey as it was totally out of character for this bird to be late..

I do have hawks that fly around by us and I know they can prey on pigeons. Buddy would always sit on the peak of my garage and stay clear and safe from them. Just praying for his safety and will come back home soon. Didn't realize how attached one can get to a bird. Glad to hear your pigeon returned safely and unhurt.

Hope he comes back...

But its normal for a lost racing pigeon to fly back to its old home once its got its strength back.

I had a few lost ones join my flock of white homers.. they would stay a few days.. or weeks if they were really thin... and once they got fit and healthy again they would be off back to their old loft.

This was a shame as I had some very beautiful coloured racing pigeons visit me and I would have loved them to stay.

Good possibility, n he could go back and fourth, or just be on lock down now. You could look for other pigeons to buy/adopt. It may end up showing back up with a mate.

Back
Top Bottom