Need advice please

Lynette

Songster
9 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Lapeer County, Michigan
I have had 2 of my chickens just disappear in the past 2 days. One was my Old English Game bantam and the other was my Isa Brown. I let my chickens free range. I don't understand it because there is no sign of them, no feathers, no nothing. What could have taken them? I have my chickens locked back up in their run until I can figure this out. My other question is should I just let them back out to free range or keep them locked up. I know they don't like being in their pens and want out, but I don't know if it is safe anymore.

We're having fox issues with our duckies and it's the same thing..they're just gone!
hu.gif
every once in a while we may see a feather or two but for the most part no trace I heard coyotes will do the same.Most other critters leave a mess
sad.png
I hope you figure it out until then keep your babies safe!
fl.gif

sounds like a hawk to me. a hawk will come in and take the chicken far far away to eat it with almost no trace. or they ran away. one of my neighbors chickens have ran away before. but i would guess a hawk. I HATE HAWKS.

I cannot believe it, but I just went out and looked again for my chickens and found my Old English Game, ALIVE!!!!! I am sooo glad!! I think she may have seen what happened to the other one and has been hiding because me and my husband looked for both of them yesterday and this morning. I am so relieved I found her. I just wish I could find the other one like this.

Back
Top Bottom