Need advice/suggestions for wing tip and Pictures of both Charlotte and Ninya

NanaKat

Enabler
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Meeker, Ok 20+chicken years
Charlotte and Ninya have been improving and filling in their feathers.
This feather growth is making a more noticable deformity with Charlotte's wing. The tip turns out from her body and as those feathers grow this will be more of an issue.
Is there anything I can do to make the wing tip lay closer to her body? Can that joint be splinted or is this too late? She is amost three months old.

Here are both girls. You can see Ninya has responded to the vitamins and the splint. Her stance is much improved.

thats angel wing, if the feathers are still growing in at this point you can wrap with vet wrap or medical tape to hold in place to correct. goto the duck area, at the top is a sticky for wrapping angel wing. Here in the goose area CottageRose (Vicky) also posted a couple examples of a wrapped wing.

Thank you! I'll do that right now.
Edit to add: Have taped the one wing with the stretchy vet tape and now the other wing looks droopy. Since I read that the blood in those feathers makes the wing heavy and it will droop, I will keep watch on the wing to see if it begins to turn out. If it does, I can tape it also.
Just taped the tip under the "forearm" Charlotte can lift and open her wings but not the angel tip. Need to get more at the pharmacy when I go into town to actually secure the wing to her body.

Last edited:
Oh NanaKat: They look SO MUCH BETTER.
hit.gif
These are tears of joy. It is hard to imagine those are the same two you brought home. Excellent work!

Back
Top Bottom