Need advice

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seedcorn, Apr 18, 2008.

1. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Just lost Dad about 5 weeks ago. Mom is now very sick. She has been trying to get her money from Edward Jones--to pay bills. Old agent suddenly disappeared, new agent put on her account took unsecured loan out in her name(found out when bank called Mom), cashed a large investment in her name and all seems to be gone. When I call customer service of Edward Jones (St. Louis) they are beyond nasty. Edward Jones says that I have to give the embezzeling agent a copy of my Power of Attorney, he has to give them a copy, THEN and only THEN will they look into it. Went to local (IN) Edward Jones agent to see if they could take over the account and agent in KY won't release the money, that's what started my bout w/this corrupt company. Truly amazing....

Don't get me started on doctors in KY misdiagnosis on my Mom. I'm praying she can overcome the ineptness of KY doctors or the lawyers.

OK, I'm over, somebody tell me what I can do besides hiring more lawyers so that they end up with all the money.

2. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Call your local news stations. Keep calling until you get someone who will investigate. [​IMG] Good Luck!

3. paisleycj

paisleycj Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Minnesota
    call your area congressman too. They love to get into this type of stuff. Make lots of noise! Good luck to you and your Mom, I'll be thinking of you!

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Call the cops! Embezellment is a crime!

I'm so sorry you're having such a time of it! [​IMG]

5. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    OMG! The nerve of some people!!! [​IMG] I'm so sorry to hear that your family is going through such a horrible time. I definately agree with all the above. You should do all of those things...news, congressman, cops...

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Sorry you're having to go through this.

Definately use the news media, the more noise you make, the faster things will get straightened out.

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

[email protected]% I'm going to get my money out Monday from those goofs if this is the way they work.

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Call your states Att. General and see what they say. I spoke to the Att. General in IN when I had a company that was on my credit and would not give me any information because I didn't have an account #. They were hanging up on me, screaming at me etc. I called the att. gen and he handled and It was taken off my credit report asap!! I would also call the news channel..Good Luck Dixie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by