Need advise on my chick

I went out to see if I can get anything out of it and was unsuccessful. The lump was very firm. It seems to have gotten larger also. I also noticed for the first time bubbles in the corner of its eye. These were not their at the beginning of the day. It doesn't seem to sound like it is struggling with breathing.

I'm thinking it isn't going to be a happy ending for this little one, however I feel sick at the thought of how i may end its life. I seriously don't think I can do it.
Try using warm compresses on the ear, then drop a little Peroxide on it to help soften it. See if you can gently remove the pus out of the ear.

Bubbles in the eye is an indication of MG and antibiotic treatment may be helpful, but the pus will still have to be removed, it won't clear up on it's own.

You can try treating with Tylan50 or Oxytetracycline. Injectable Tylan 50 dosage is 1 cc or ml per 5 pounds of weight. You can give it orally or as an injection into the breast muscle 1/4 inch deep. It depends on the brand of that you purchase so follow package instructions on you may find dosage in link below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...acycline-antibiotic-in-water/70#post_17143928

If it's an infection the pus will be like a firm cheese, so you would have to slice it open and remove it with tweezers. Antibiotics alone will not treat this.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom