Need advise on wood duckling

wmaguire

Hatching
May 29, 2020
I have a wood duckling that is at most 4 days old. It is running around happy and I believe it is eating and drinking. It has a very small bald spot on the back of its neck. Is this something I should be worried about?

Can you post a picture? Also is it alone? Ducks are happier if they have another duck friend.
I cannot get a picture, it is very small it just looks like the feathers are thinner in that tiny spot.

It is just the one duckling unfortunately. My cat brought it too me and I could not find the momma or any other ducklings anywhere. I looked forever for the momma.

Welcome to BYC!

I'm assuming this is a wild duckling if so you should return it immediately over to your local wildlife rehabilitation center, or contact your local game warden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migratory_Bird_Treaty_Act_of_1918
I have tried. In my area we do not have a rehabilitation center to take it it. I have tried the game warden also and cannot get an answer on what to do with it. I will try them again for more information. I am just trying to keep it alive until they can take it. I am fully aware of the laws.

Back
Top Bottom