Need an experienced eye please please im a newbie

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by loupan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Ok so i have a blue silkie a white silkie a black orp and this orp that is yellow with a black stripe down its back i hve googled similiar chicks and found this jubilee orp chick to be exactly the same as mine ,my chicks are 3 weeks old now please someone help [​IMG] im praying its a hen to becouse i love it to bits and dont want to have to get rid

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now this is the pic i found identical to my penny when she ??? was a day old
    [​IMG]

and this is a jubilee older gorgeous gosh i hope mine is

[​IMG]
    please someone with an experienced eye fill me in
    Many thanks

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    to young to tell wait till at least 6 weeks, but better to wait till about 10+ weeks

3. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    I dont know about it being a jubilee. Its leg color is wrong and its beak also.

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Sorry I can't tell what your fuzzy chick is either, but welcome and come hang out with us in the coop!!! There are very nice folks here that will be glad to help you. When your chick gets a little older, please post more pictures and we'll see what we can do. [​IMG]

5. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I don't know how common jubilee orps are in new zealand, but they are rare here, if you where in the states I would say it more likely you got a speckled sussex. There are a lot of colors that start out as "chipmunk" colored chicks.

6. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:are you sure its an orp chick? the color of the legs are wrong...Honestly the color of the legs and the chick make me think easter egger. also going by the wing color its not going to be a red based bird. [​IMG] sorry.

7. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    My chicks almost always hatch out with a different colour leg to what they have when they're adult.

Wait two weeks and post another photo. I'll be able to better tell then :)

8. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Th is is realy confusing i have no idea what she/he is ha ha ha im not to worried becouse she/he is gorgeous but the breeder is a little naughty is the black one an orp ??? if not he has told me some right porkys grrrrrrrrrrrrr

9. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Many chicks start out looking similar. It will take come time to see what's what. However a silky in the mix will not yield a Jubilee Orpington. Jubilees are not easy to develop.

Sorry ,

Rancher

10. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    also what is an easter egger ??? the pics of them look all different very pretty though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by