Need an idea (chicken related!) Science Fair Project!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Attack Chicken, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    For school I need to do a science fair project. Since I have chickens and love them and would like to get the word about chickens out I want to do my project on something chicken related. Egg,chicks, or full grown chickens. But it has to be safe and humane for the chicks and chickens.

Thanks!

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    When we got our day old chicks, we had different colored water dispensers. I know the manufacturers made them in a rainbow of colors for human eye appeal, but I wasn't drinking from them.
    Maybe you can figure out a way to see if chicks have a color preference. I do not know how much color they can see, or if it is a value that they perceive. If they had a color that they preferred, then maybe they'd eat more? Blue coat. red brooder lights, purple water dispensers, green feeders...there is a science project there somewhere.

Good luck finding a project... and have fun.
    Science is so cool!

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You could look into clicker training a chicken. This would have a psychology slant.

4. taffybohl

taffybohl New Egg

Apr 11, 2012
    I am doing this right now but I think you should see what color feed chickens like the best. I hope this helped![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by