Need anti-roost ideas!

Bird B Gone or similar product would work. It's acrylic spikes on a strip you glue or tack down to keep birds from roosting. It's used around entrances of buildings to stop pigeons from pooping in front of the doors. Exactly what you are looking for.

https://www.birdbgone.com/plastic-bird-spikes/

I could use this on top of my barn stereo to keep them off of it! ☺

I can also put it on the top of the stall that is next to the tack room

This what I did to deter the birds from roosting on 6" window sills in the coop :

I used 1 small eye bolt on each end of the sill, about 4" to 5" up the side of the window, and tied some orange string between the eyebolts. They cannot stand on the string, and cannot get underneath the string to even try to roost.

This immediately stopped them from even accessing the forbidden perch.

A properly placed nail, or screw at each end of the rafter, with some hi-vis twine strung between them, would be fairly easy to do, and very effective at repelling roosting attempts.

Good luck.
I like this idea! Maybe winding the string around nails spaced along the rafters (like string art)? If you can get up there to do a nail strip, I imagine string is doable :)

Might have to install string on my own coop's windowsill - there's always someone pooping up there!

Back
Top Bottom