1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need auto watering system AZ

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by sarahssizzles, Mar 26, 2009.

1. sarahssizzles

sarahssizzles Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    Cave Creek
    Hi All;
    I live in the desert & I am looking for an automatic watering system for my breeding pens because I'm filling twice a day in the summer and I have 14 pens! I've attempted a pvc pipe system that runns thru the breeding pens but was not successful with it. Anyone have any better success/ideas???????
    SarahSizzles

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If you come up with something.... let me know.. .K?

3. terri9630

terri9630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    New Mexico
    I'm in the desert too and I've had to put a float on the horses and dogs water buckets because the water evaporates so fast.

I just got my first chickens last month (right before I broke my collar bone so I can't build the coop yet!) and I put a rabbit water bottle in the pen with the chicks to see if they would use it. They love it. I have my kids rabbits on an automatic system and want to try it with the chicks once I get healed enough to start swinging a hammer.

This is what the rabbits are on. http://www.bassequipment.com/Automatic+Water+Systems/PVC+Ts,+Valves/default.aspx

Right now my chicks are living in the dog kennel. Fortunately I have BIG dogs so the cages are quite large.

4. deryl reed

deryl reed Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2007
    I use niple waters you can get them at farm tech I have to remove them in the winter

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by