Need bit of advice

Rocky n Quakers

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 19, 2013
Hi,
I recently got two peking ducklings and im new to all this but have noticed that they have started to sneeze alot would they have the cold maybe? Also one of the chicks had a patch of feathers missing from i got him but it has recently gotten a little bigger will this be permanent or is there anything i could do to help the duckling ?

Welcome to the Duck Forum!
welcome-byc.gif

There is alot to learn with ducklings, then they grow up and there's alot to learn with ducks!
lol.png

The best way to start - once you join the forum here - is to read through the Sticky on raising ducklings

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

And then keep posting your questions and observations so we can all keep learning together.

Wow I am sleepy.

The first thing I usually suggest with sneezing ducklings is that they may have something in their nares (nostrils). So it is good to give them a warm bath (this is where duckins' question about age matters, as very young ducklings need warmer - not hot - water based on their age).

And by bath, I do not mean with soap. Don't use soap or shampoo on a duck. Just let them rinse off. They will snoot water through their nares while they swim.

Amiga read my mind. The feathers/fluff missing does occur as their growing just make sure its not severe keep brooder temps adjusted to their age and behavior.

I tryed the warm bath for them to bath over the weekend and that has stoped thje sneezing so thank you.
As for Rockys neck it seems to be getting a bit bigger but from i have had him there has been no feathers in this spot ill take a picture when im home to see what you think. The skin in this spot has went a bit of a darker colour to the rest of him as well.

They are both about 3 and half weeks old.

No there is no way that he backing into the heat lamp because there not under it anymore they were two warm under the lamp and i had it up high so they not near it.

No there is no way that he backing into the heat lamp because there not under it anymore they were two warm under the lamp and i had it up high so they not near it.

Back
Top Bottom