need bout 4 dozen hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chicken farmer 1997, Aug 3, 2011.

1. chicken farmer 1997

chicken farmer 1997 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    lewis county ky
    i need 48 hachting eggs for my incubator i want green eggers, peafowl eggs, turkey eggs, duck eggs and other rare breeds, will pay up to 3 a dozen. pm me. thanks

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    there is a wanted section all the way down on the index

Personal opinion is

$3 is way too low ,for some breeds your not going to get many responces

3. Bantam Chase

Bantam Chase Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    SC PA
    Try your local craigslist, too!

4. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    might have to pay a little more than $3 / dozen unless you find someone on craigslist that doesn't know they can get 15/doz for good hatching eggs.

but GL [​IMG]

5. chicken farmer 1997

chicken farmer 1997 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    lewis county ky
    do any of you ppl have any hatching eggs for sale?

6. HatchingFever

HatchingFever Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    The only eggs you will get for 3 dollars a dozen are mutts I have olive egger eggs for 3 dollars an egg and silkies for 4 an egg.

7. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    When my LFC Frizzles start laying, I'd be happy to ship, but not for $3 a dozen. My Sexlink mutts, maybe.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  8. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I have duck hatching eggs for sale.
    Purebred khaki campbells, as well as mixed breed eggs. I also have some muscovy hatching eggs for sale if interested.
    They are $1.50 per egg, plus shipping.

You can PM me if you are interested.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Not for $3 a dozen I don't. I sell eating eggs for $3 a dozen!!!

10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I would suggest you increase price a good bit if you want to be taken seriously.

I know I like a bargain too, that's my name, bargain, for BYC! [​IMG]

But seriously our purchase ahead price for our Easter Eggers is $15 a dozen. Occasionally an auction for them will walk at a little over $12 a dozen. I sell eating eggs for $4 and up for chicken eggs - scrubbed and wash according to law and they won't hatch! Our duck eggs are $5 each. With some of our flocks, I have paid over $400 for a quad of NOT even full grown hens/roo. Many people on BYC have lots of dollars and efforts put into their flocks, to say nothing of the time and effort raising them, electricity of the brooder, time/costs making brooder and coop, and all that chick starter and chicken feed, water, etc.

Even our white leghorns go for more that that a dozen.

Now if you were nearby me and willing to work hard on my farm, i would exchange your labor for hatching eggs. I have done that with others. You might get a few takers but I would suspect many mutts or even worse, nothing would appear.

Please understand I'm not criticizing you but want to share the realities of costs and prices. I know you are presently learning the system so I thought I'd put my 2 cents in. Have a blessed day. Hope this was helpful. Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by