Need chick id help

StarKat

In the Brooder
Dec 23, 2020
Oklahoma
Hello chicken people, we recently got our first 6 chickens after our town made them legal! But I have no idea what they are lol. We got them from atwoods sold as assorted pullets- However one bin was labeled cuckoo maran. The other bin only had two chicks left and no label.

(Also I'm sorry for the low quality pictures I don't have a decent camera but I think it's clear enough)

piPBbkp.png

These are the ones that were labeled cuckoo maran (There's 4 but I think one I didn't get a pic) They all seem pretty alike outside the head top spots, and a couple look kinda paler black to me but it's really slight. I kinda wonder if any are Barred Rocks though seeing as they look so alike...

And then there's these very black ones that had no label. (Both are pictured)
O2v40SU.png

They have a small white dot near the wings that's kinda hard to see here. That and the white/yellowish butt is pretty much it, the rest is black (no spots on heads at all like the others)

My best guess after hours of looking is maybe Black sexlinks? I kinda stumped on these. I swear there's so many black chicks, how does anyone tell them apart. 😂

If anyone can help it'd be very appreciated!

The barred ones are probably cuckoo marans if that is how they are labeled, though when they grow up if their legs are yellow they are probably BRs.

As for the black ones - it will be much easier to name different possibilities once they feather out.

The barred ones are probably cuckoo marans if that is how they are labeled, though when they grow up if their legs are yellow they are probably BRs.

As for the black ones - it will be much easier to name different possibilities once they feather out.
I was guessing black stars.

Back
Top Bottom