Need Coop Ideas. I have 4 hens and a rooster

We are putting up the chain link kennel now. I sooooo want a little shed like that !!!! OMG soooooo cute !! i love that idea. Will a 12X12X6 kennel be enough room for 5 chickens?? I am thinking about getting one more.

Where are you? Someplace warm? I am in Virginia. I am going through the summer in a hutch. Mine free range during day, and put themselves to bed at night. I took out the nesting box because all four of mine where piling up to sleep (BO, BR, 2 RIRs = 4). I also put in the solid bottom with shavings. When I run out, I will start with sand. I am hoping to put a clear plexiglass across the front for winter and put a heat lamp in the hutch. I am afraid if I build a proper coop, chicken math will take over and I will end up with a bunch of frilly-headed, useless, yard ornaments.

88997_hutch_058.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
What is chicken math?? i have tried to look it up and cannot find it anywhere. that looks like my ladies hutch... I tried to let my ladies be free range, i dont trust the neighbor, and i live somewhat near the road and for some reason, they love the road, they go and stand in the middle. We have a lot of teens that think the speed limit is 125 instead of 25. Im also in virginia. Bedford Co....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom