Need Egg Pictures for Egg Color Chart.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Cats Critters, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Pictures are still needed!

I've been working on an egg-color- chart: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/egg-color-chart-find-out-what-egg-color-your-breed-lays

and I'm adding pictures, so can anyone post pics of egg from any breed(s) on the list! Please Only have one breed's egg in a picture if possible! Thanks! Also Comments are welcome on the page.

I still need these breeds egg pics:

White Layers:
    Ancona
    Crevecoeurs
    Holland
    Appenzeller Spithauben
    Cream Brabanter
    Icelandic

Cream or tinted Layers:
    Cubalaya
    Rosecomb

Brown Layers:
    Russian Orlofft
    Buckeye
    Turken

Note : this is a new thread because my old post was getting to full and confusing.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. Gelky

Gelky Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2009
    I think it's a good idea, however, you will have two problems.

The first problem being, the eggs pictures will not be taken with the exact same lighting and white balance. End results, your colors will be way off. Meaning, you might end up with 2 brown eggs from the same breed look totally different because two different people took the picture with different lighting conditions and white balance. Or white egg might end up with a bluish or reddish tint because of poor lighting.

Second problem being the eggs wont be taken from the exact same distance so there would be no reference point for size.

So unfortunately, you will end up with meaningless data.

Sorry.

3. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Love your egg page Cat-Critters - it's not meaningless to me. [​IMG]

Yukidongo, PlanBFarm, boogins and 2 others like this.
  4. Cats Critters

The first problem being, the eggs pictures will not be taken with the exact same lighting and white balance. End results, your colors will be way off. Meaning, you might end up with 2 brown eggs from the same breed look totally different because two different people took the picture with different lighting conditions and white balance. Or white egg might end up with a bluish or reddish tint because of poor lighting.

I agree up to a point, yes they will be different shades but it gives you the idea of what they look like. The only way to do what your saying is to have people ship me eggs of every breed I don't have and take them my self in a controlled environment. Which I might end up doing with the breeds I have. But this chart has colors listed as well so it will help people.
    Second problem being the eggs wont be taken from the exact same distance so there would be no reference point for size.

This chart is not about size it's about color, that might change later but for the moment that's all that madders for the chart.

Love your egg page Cat-Critters - it's not meaningless to me. [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

black_dove2 and Yukidongo like this.
  5. Cats Critters

Anyone?

6. NiceTimeForSomethin'New

NiceTimeForSomethin'New Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2010
    I like this and can help when my Jersey Giants start laying. Definitely fun to look at. [​IMG]

Yukidongo likes this.
  7. Cats Critters

Thanks!

8. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Take all the pictures next to a one dollar bill the bill will serve for color and size relation.

9. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    where can i find a REAL Ameraucanas Egg chart ??

10. Cats Critters

where can i find a REAL Ameraucanas Egg chart ??

All Ameraucanas lay blue eggs and there is a picture of their eggs on the chart.​

Yukidongo likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by