Need emergency help

rabail

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2017
Halo everyone, i need help ... please help me... my duck is very sick .. she was fine in morning, but when i see her in noon ... i find her like this... she cant pick her feathers and neck and head... she is not even eating anything ...just drinking water and too much water ... her eyes are half closed ... in my area i dont have any vet ... please everyone help me ... i m in great need of you guys help .. she cant even walk .. and she is breathing with little open mouth ..

I would also post on the duck thread as well for more expertise. Sorry about your duck. Can she move her legs or wings, or is she having problems with her neck? Is there any diarrhea? What has she been eating? I would give her a little egg, and mix some wet chicken feed to see if you can tempt her to eat.
Injuries are the first thing that comes to mind, but I would also worry about a vitamin deficiency. Botulism, a disease that comes from eating remains of animals or fish that have been under water or in the ground can cause paralysis of first the legs, then wings, and neck before it kills from smothering. It usually strikes quickly and kills within a day.
Hopefully that is not her problem, but keep her close to her water, try some B complex vitamins, and get her to eat. Check her crop under her neck to see if it could be impacted with food or grass.

I
I would also post on the duck thread as well for more expertise. Sorry about your duck. Can she move her legs or wings, or is she having problems with her neck? Is there any diarrhea? What has she been eating? I would give her a little egg, and mix some wet chicken feed to see if you can tempt her to eat.
Injuries are the first thing that comes to mind, but I would also worry about a vitamin deficiency. Botulism, a disease that comes from eating remains of animals or fish that have been under water or in the ground can cause paralysis of first the legs, then wings, and neck before it kills from smothering. It usually strikes quickly and kills within a day.
Hopefully that is not her problem, but keep her close to her water, try some B complex vitamins, and get her to eat. Check her crop under her neck to see if it could be impacted with food or grass.

Thankyou for your help.
I am usually giving them tomatoes , boiled rice, wheat, sunflower seeds, and few vegetables , there are crows might be they thorugh some old flesh or fish remains, she have diarrhea, she can barely walk or stand, she was not eating, i gave her medicines .. i upload the picture of them, and i found something white bobble came out of her pooping area, i upload the picture of it , you can see , maybe i know what is that... she is just drinking water and nothing else.

I

Thankyou for your help.
I am usually giving them tomatoes , boiled rice, wheat, sunflower seeds, and few vegetables , there are crows might be they thorugh some old flesh or fish remains, she have diarrhea, she can barely walk or stand, she was not eating, i gave her medicines .. i upload the picture of them, and i found something white bobble came out of her pooping area, i upload the picture of it , you can see , maybe i know what is that... she is just drinking water and nothing else.

Something is wrong, now she is not even opening eyes, and little water coming out of her eyes, she not opening them at all.

Can you tell us what your duck's crop feels like? Does it have any hard lumps?

Is she able to stand or is her balance bad?

She can stand .. her balance is fine. .. no she didnt have any lump or hard thing

How is she doing? It sounds very much ike botulism from your latest post. I really hope not.
She is better then before .. standing walking drinking.. but eating very less...i found out the problem... she is going throught egg yolk peritonitis ... i m giving her antibiotics and few vitaminss .. i hope she will get fine soon. ..

She is vett
How is she doing? It sounds very much ike botulism from your latest post. I really hope not.[/QUOT

She is better now, eating very less .. drinkinh lots of water... running walking cleaning herself with others ..

Are you using some vitamins in her water or food? I would make sure that she is getting riboflavin and niacin, or a B complex vitamin added to her food daily. I am glad that she is doing better, but make sure that she is eating enough.

Back
Top Bottom