Need fast response about opening bator after setting eggs!

LilDucky85

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Northern, Illinois
I set my eggs last night at 7pm. When can I open the bator to turn them? Ive been waiting to get an answer but no one has answered this. Help!! I thought I read let them sit 24 hours. Help before its too late!!

go ahead and turn them...

Is your incubator having problems coming up to temp or anything that would cause you to worry?

Quote:
too late for what? go ahead and turn them.. who is going to see?

relax.. you are going to get every opinion there ever was about hatching eggs... just remember
99.5F 25 to 60% humidity.

basic stuff.. and do what works for you.. experience will go a long way.

the only hard rule I follow is do not open the incubator after you quit turning the eggs during the last 3 days..

other than that, I keep experimenting..

No but I think I read somewhere that I shouldnt open the bator for about 24 hours after setting them. Its only been since 7pm last night. Im just really worried that they might stick if I dont turn them, and cant find info on this. They are finally up to the bator temp and Id hate to disturb them.

Oh ok thank you! I just dont want to kill them!! There is so much to know. I researched until I couldnt possibly research anymore but when I actually go to do this theres still so many questions!

They need to be turned.
smile.png

Ok Ill go turn them now, one more thing are styro foam egg cartons ok to use? Its all I have right now from some chocolate candy eggs.

Last edited:
Quote:
yes that is ok to use.. how are you turning them? I know, by hand..
but are you tilting the whole carton? If you are tilting the whole carton, you can do that without opening the bator.. just block up one side of the whole bator, and then put the block under the other side at turning time.. at first excess water might run out so set a towel under the bator to soak it up.. then just add water as needed..

and relax, your yolks are not going to stick..

find something ese to worry about..

Oh I never thought of just tilting the whole thing. Thank you for letting me know that. Yeah Id be worried about the water running down. I do have a towel under it already though. I have an egg turner coming any day now but yesterday I read in the LG instructions that they cant be used with Duck eggs?! This is just my luck.

I do have something else to worry about, my 2 year old wanting Mommy to play! Play now, eggs later!
lol.png
However right now I just need to know if my eggies are ok. So he is here helping me type.

Thank you so much!! Its a huge help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom