need for worry (with pic)

Why, thanx Tiki, but the truth is that back in my youth I got to look at a LOT, and process piles, of cr... I mean feces (old former army medic).

Take Care!

Kaya, how old are the babies?

Are they showing any other symptoms - lethargic, not eating/drinking?

If there are no food items that might cause the coloring (tomatoes?), it is possible the "ground hamburger" bits could be intestinal tissue ~ caused by coccidiosis. Once this happens, though, you are in a late stage of damage. Keep a close eye on them ~ and do keep us posted. Good luck!

P.S. - kudos to you for keeping such a close eye on your babies! - - and thanks for a good (ulp!) photo. It helps.

Last edited:
OMG! I just started a thread about seeing the same thing in some of my chicken's poo!!! I didn't post a pic though. I didn't get but about 3 responses from my post and no one really had any ideas.

Hope someone can give you an idea of whether to worry or not, because then I'll know what to do too!

I'm with ivan3 on this one. I see poops like that often, of course I'm addicted to feeding treats, especially tomatoes and watermelon. If there are no other symptoms, it's probably nothing to worry about. You're already keeping a keen eye out for them. Keep it up.

I see poop like that often, probably more noticable in chicks,but have seen it in adult poo too. I never know what it is, but it does look fleshy like that, not really bloody. Although no one has ever told me what it is, I havent even had anyone die suddenly or is sick, so I tend to try not to worry about it.

thanks guys for all of the good advice and the chicks seem so happy its hard to imagine that they are sick. one of this cluthch died and he beemed to always be looking at the shy and trying to swallow something, he lived about three days but everyone else has been good!!!!

it did sortta look like a worm but didnt move or anything i thought problems witht he intestines but they are like 10 days old now and looking great!!! Three turned out to be frizzled and they are cute not like my two that had too much frizzle i will have to post some pics of the cutties

14128_poo.jpg

14128_new_fern_2.jpg

14128_new_fern.jpg

A few more pics 3 of her babies are hers and her frizzle mate she was in a frizzle clutch but didnt frizzle, perfect for breeding? Her babies seem cute so far:)

I just had to add a "thanks" to everyone also, since I too had the same question about some poo I found like that in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom