need for worry (with pic)

kaya's farm

Songster
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
southern VT
i found this poop in the pen with my babies and i cant tell what it is? I hope the pic came out cleer. Should i woryy i am feeding a local vermont food and the guy at the feed store daid it's naturally medicated so the bigger chickens can eat it also? Any ideas what i should do?

14128_worry.jpg

Last edited:
appears to me it's not being totally digested , i use Purina Start and Grow and it's very fine, almost dust like.....that looks like it might have some scratch corn it in....but no blood i would check everyones vent

this is the poop from a week old chick? It loos to have some sort of soft tissue in it see the little red part i guess im not to worried?

Won't even try to guess (though the cream colored protrusions could almost look like fly eggs if I squint.

If you find another worrisome pile of poo, place it it a clear glass bottle add water (and lid, don't forget that), shake it up and pour off the liquid. Doing this a couple times will leave all solids and tissues in the bottom for your examination with a jewelers loop or magnifying glass.

I wouldn't worry about one oddball dungball, but keep checking for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom