need for worry (with pic)

What did you do about the poo? I have found nothing that looks simular to that in the last few days so i have just been keeping a close eye on them

I haven't seen anything like that again either (knock on wood). I've just been keeping an eye on them, same as you. I stood in the run with all 8 chickens and watched until each one did their business. So far, so good
wink.png

I see in the pics that the babies are out on the ground... so in that case they can pick up all types of stuff which can irritate their intestines and cause a bit to slough off (this is why I keep my chickies off the ground the first five weeks and supplement daily with probiotic yogurt )
It happens (called "feed passage" ) and as long as their are no symptoms of illness nor stunting I would not worry bout it just keep a good eye out for any real symptoms of illness.

I posted an (extreme closeup - GROSS) of a similar poo I found in a pullet that was a few weeks old - no one said it was anything to worry about, and now the pullets are laying, and I have not had any isssues with them. Here's the pic - the one I found I would describe exactly as it was described in this thread - it DID look like tissue, and it DID look almost like a worm, and it WAS NOT bloody - just mucousy:

Blondiebabypoob.jpg

Back
Top Bottom