Need foster care 4 hens-1 week TX

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by san antonio, Oct 1, 2014.

1. san antonio

san antonio Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio
    Please help. Closing on the sale of my home 1 week before I can close on my new home. No hotel in town will let me bring my little ladies (wink). Someone in San Antonio able to foster 4 healthy and beautiful hens for a week? Please contact me. [​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

What a lovely flock you have! You will do best if you do some chatting in your state thread and talk to your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone there will give your birds a nice roost for the week....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/877040/texas-byc-cafe

Good luck and I hope you can find the right person to care for your beautiful flock!! :)

3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe a motel wouldn't be as strict . If you kept them in a cage and kept it clean, maybe they would let you.

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] x2 on posting in your state's thread, best of luck to you.

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You might also try boarding kennels and vet offices, most chickens will do fine in big dog crates or a cage for a week (like they keep them at shows)... if you know anyone who would let you keep them in their garage etc.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

You've received some good advice already.

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

9. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I would think it would be best to keep them some place that doesn't have chickens where they might be exposed to disease. I like the idea of checking with vets offices who board and see if they'd do it for you. The risk of exposure to disease is high if you board them for a week with someone who already has chickens. Don't want to be bringing home some nasty new respiratory disease.

10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some beautiful Black Australorp hens and if I lived anywhere near you I would be happy to take care of them for you. I'm sorry that I really can't add anything to what the other members have said already so I'll just add, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in finding foster care for your hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by