Need foster care 4 hens-1 week TX

san antonio

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 1, 2014
San Antonio
Please help. Closing on the sale of my home 1 week before I can close on my new home. No hotel in town will let me bring my little ladies (wink). Someone in San Antonio able to foster 4 healthy and beautiful hens for a week? Please contact me.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What a lovely flock you have! You will do best if you do some chatting in your state thread and talk to your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone there will give your birds a nice roost for the week....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/877040/texas-byc-cafe

Good luck and I hope you can find the right person to care for your beautiful flock!! :)

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You might also try boarding kennels and vet offices, most chickens will do fine in big dog crates or a cage for a week (like they keep them at shows)... if you know anyone who would let you keep them in their garage etc.

I would think it would be best to keep them some place that doesn't have chickens where they might be exposed to disease. I like the idea of checking with vets offices who board and see if they'd do it for you. The risk of exposure to disease is high if you board them for a week with someone who already has chickens. Don't want to be bringing home some nasty new respiratory disease.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some beautiful Black Australorp hens and if I lived anywhere near you I would be happy to take care of them for you. I'm sorry that I really can't add anything to what the other members have said already so I'll just add, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in finding foster care for your hens.

Back
Top Bottom