Need good deal on canning jars with lids

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by saranbensmom, Sep 10, 2008.

1. saranbensmom

saranbensmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Pint or quart - I don't care![​IMG]

2. check your local thrift stores and good will, craigslist may have some to if you put a want notice on it.Put an ad in your local newspaper. sometimes estate sales have them and sometimes people just want to get rid of them but haven't thought of advertising. marrie

3. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    dollar genral carries them think last time i checked was $8 for 12 with lids

4. dzook

dzook New Egg

Aug 17, 2008
    Devore CA
    In our area Winco sells pints for less than $5.00/dozen and that includes rings and lids. Brand New! Same good prices on quarts and lids. This is the best price around and even cheaper than I was finding on Craigslist for used ones without the lids.
    I can a LOT and I'm still buying lids and the occasional jars.
    I hope you find a Winco near you.

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I made a killing at Wal Mart last weekend, all canning stuff was on sale! Since the main office is in another area they don't realize it's hot here for another two months and we will be canning for a long time to come. Albertson's also had them on sale, but for the life of me I can't remember the prices, I bought so many things at once.

6. saranbensmom

saranbensmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Thanks everyone - I've never heard of Winco, but I'll look them up...Walmart-they've probably been emptied by now, but I'll check them out, too. Maybe Big Lots will have some...another stop on my route.

Thanks again, everyone! [​IMG]

7. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Big Lots has them on sale, 6.00 for pints and 7.00 for quarts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by