Need Guinea help please!

crtrlovr

Still chillin' with my peeps
Mar 13, 2008
East South Central (West KY)
I have a young guinea (approx. 9 mos. old) who has just today begun walking strangely. She walks humped over, with a slight waddle, and her "skirt" & talk brush the ground. (They usually form a straight line from front to back parallel w/ the ground, but she's about a 45-50 degree angle now. She has made several visits to the nest box, raked out a depression in the corner of the henhouse, lies down on the ground in the run (which I have NEVER see her do), and generally looks uncomfortable. I picked her up & did a quick cursory exam (which was NO small feat; she kicks like a mule) and found no distention of the vent, no redness, no swelling, nothing wrong w/ feet or legs, nothing feeling odd in the abdomen (tried to feel if there might be an egg, but I'm not sure and didn't want to hurt her or break one if it was there). Her sibling has laid 2 eggs in the past 3-4 days. Does it sound like she is having trouble passing one, or is she just not familiar with that strange pressure? Any guesses/advice? It will be greatly appreciated!
smile.png

I am not sure. She could be trying to figure out what she needs to do. My first guinea's layed eggs in the driveway, flowerbed..etc. Keep an eye on her and see who she does

Back
Top Bottom