Need help! 4 days left, and incubator dropped temp!!

Not quite drawn down yet. But getting there, I think.

And just FYI, most folks try to lay the lowest side of the dip upward, so yours look upside down. It just helps the chick get into position, as the scrunch up toward the air cell end on their backs. But shouldn’t be a problem overall, since broody momma hens don’t do it. Lol

Thank you! Should I try to flip it or just leave it? This is my first hatch... whoops!

Still no external pips... at what point do you give up? (I'm not ready to yet! Just wondering)

On a good note, I am fairly certain that the egg has moved. It seems to have rocked backwards more onto the point and angled itself. I had pencil markings (an X for fertile and an S for who it was layed by)and they have definitely moved positions when comparing the other pictures I posed earlier to the real life egg. It also seems that the air cell has changed again. How does it look now to all you?

20190412_072530.jpg
20190412_072818.jpg

As you can see, it is extremely rocked back onto the pointy end. What does this mean? I was not able to get the light through to see this side because the outward fill pot is now blocking it!

Attachments

• 20190412_072417.jpg
    20190412_072417.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 2
20190410_192740-jpg.1733903

As a comparison, here is the same side of the egg that I was able to candle in today, but this picture was taken two days ago. The pictures in the post above were taken this morning. Also, look how much the X has shifted up!

Bumping this back up! Anyone know why the egg would move like that? How close is it to maybe hatching??

Ok so the chick didn't make it... We opened it up about 20 minutes ago, it was a healthy black Silkie, 5 toes and everything! The head was tucked under the wing too... It had fully absorbed the yolk and all the blood veins had dried up, but I think it got shrink-wrapped and couldn't break through the membrane. It is such a bummer... I already loved the little guy! My guess is that due to all the opening the lid during lockdown to change the sponges got to the egg, or sometimes I waited too long and the humidity got to the 50s. Time to talk to Brinsea. :he

Back
Top Bottom