Need help and ideas please

marlo1968

Songster
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
Lorenzo, TX
I have a 14 wk old Americauna pullet that yesterday was a little puffed up and not as active as normal (I didn't notice this, my dad did), today she is not using her left leg, and not opening her left eye. I have her inside in a box and she's content. When the box moves she moves her head around and looks about. but is not trying to get out or move too much. At first I thought she might have an injury, now I'm not so sure - the eye she's opening (right) is clear and looks normal. She is moving her right leg some, seems like she tries to use it to get up, but the other leg is not cooperating. Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm dealing with here? Is there an illness that would cause these symptoms? Thanks for you help.

I've culled her. I researched Merek's and she showed the signs listed for the neural Merek's. She had asymmetrical paralysis and labored breathing. Now to wait and see how many of my flock will have to be culled.....sickening.
sad.png

I've culled her. I researched Merek's and she showed the signs listed for the neural Merek's. She had asymmetrical paralysis and labored breathing. Now to wait and see how many of my flock will have to be culled.....sickening.
sad.png

So very sorry for your loss...it's never easy....

Back
Top Bottom