Need Help/Answers for my ❤️ (Duck) Please!!!

I understand exactly how you feel about your duck bringing you joy. Mine lift my spirits every morning. I can understand your fear and frustration now -- having taken Lloyd to a vet and not got satisfactory treatment and advice. Lloyd is a handsome duck. I have a duck that I thought was female and still behaves like a female but now sounds and increasingly looks male. So no eggs for me but eggs for you! Lloyd is happy in water so please give her lots of hydrotherapy to keep her joints moving. Those on this forum with lots of experience have advised you on medication. So my advice is simple: lots of love and hydrotherapy
Thank you so much, I do worry about every lil thing that may hurt him. I’ve been putting him in the tub everyday & it almost seems as if he doesn’t like it as well when it gets deep & he starts to float/swim. But as it’s filling up he’s lovin it! I turn the water bk on to a small drizzle while he’s in there thinking he just liked the water running. That didn’t seem to matter though. I’m prayin my lil guy gets well soon & mostly that he’s not in pain. Thank you for your support

We definitely don't want to get rid of you. That's what BYC is for to get help and share pics and share stories of our birds. If you can't find Calcium gluconate around you, you can order online.
She can walk you just don't want her going far 8 ft to eat is okay maybe 6 ft would be even better. You just don't want her overdoing or running.
I'd make sure she gets water therapy everyday so she keep her legs moving and the water takes the pressure off of her legs.
Are you feeding her a good quality feed?
keep us updated on how she is doing.
Hopefully rest water therapy and good nutrition and B complex will get her good as new. I would also recommend Liquid B Complex TSC has it also. The B complex will help with strengthing her legs. 1 ml in her banana if she will eat bananas. Do this every day until she is recovered and walking real good.
Sounds to me like Loyd is in good hands and much loved.
These ducks sure do bring joy into our lives everyday.
That's so sweet your Gramma is praying for Loyd I do believe in the power of prayer.
Thanks, I sure appreciate all your advice. I’ve moved Loyds food n water to where he doesn’t even have to move to eat. Well seems as though we’ve worked out a lil system that he whines at me when he’s ready to eat & I set it all in front of him so he can eat. When he’s done he whines again & I move it lol. Being that I’m terrified to try to give meds oral, do U know if there’s any injections I could give him instead?

Back
Top Bottom