NEED HELP ASAP 2 DAY OLD CHICK

Silkiemom2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
She came out of the egg this way.She can not stand up,her legs are bent,i have been trying to massage them,i'm giving her electrolytes,shes full of energy,i have her away from the other chicks as they were stepping on her.I was able to straighten them as good as i could and put a bandage,and splint around them.I have her in a sling so her legs are hanging down,but cradling her little body>its not splayed legs.She was from a very small egg.What else can i do for her,will her legs,ever work.

Hey, I can't help you from experience, but I read that it could be from a vitamin deficiency... vitamin B? I don't know, though.... so here's a BUMP to get someone elses attention... Wish I could help you more
hu.gif

You may want to try some type of snowshoe thing, like something stiffish, and tape her toes straight to it. Then put hobbles on like a bandaid cut in half lengthwise and run the tape around each leg, but leave most of the pad in the middle. You may have to adjust. It's still early enough to get results that way. And it may take a week or two for it to work.

I put her legs onto straws that i cut,and put a bandaid around them,but her toes are still crooked.she moves them,but not alot,i have her in a sling,that i made of vets wrap and cut a hole in it,so her feet can hang down.I have been giving her water with electrolytes,how can i get her to eat.???should i mush her feed up in water and syringe feed her.Could i possily crop feed her??

Back
Top Bottom