Need Help Asap... added pics...

tuff1430

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 14, 2010
227569_10150183322551516_543656515_7000582_5061263_n.jpg

231032_10150183321886516_543656515_7000575_8343610_n.jpg

I am currently hatching 25 turkey eggs in my incubator... We are on day 12. My hen had been sitting on her eggs for the last couple weeks, all of a sudden two days ago she got off the nest and refused to return.... In mist of hoping to save the 3 eggs, I put them in my incubator (figuring since she'd been off them a day, they wouldn't survive) WELP got home today from work and I have one biddy!! Up and walking! I know I'm suppose to leave him in the incubator a couple days after hatching but with my turkey eggs I can't since they are on a automatic egg turner.... I took him out, have put him in a small basket, under a heat light on one side and put 4 towels in there with him.. What else do I need to do? Food water?? I sooo wasn't expecting this.... pics to follow... Also edited to add. I have a hen with one week old chicks right now.. Do you think she'd mother this one or is it worth the try? I dont wanna lose this little one :)

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
well done you !
woot.gif
chicks dont need food or water for the first few days tbh but i would put both in withit anyway
smile.png
you may also want to put a soft toy for it to snuggle up to like a surrogate mum
thumbsup.gif
Hope this helps
thumbsup.gif

do you think I've got it set up okay??? he's still wet.. ahhh Im stressing lol

Sounds ok
fl.gif
when i had a situation similar i put mine in a storage box (plastic ) with heat lamp at one end but I covered the full base with old sheets not just one end to try and hold the heat and dry the little fellas out
smile.png
a pic would help if possible

Couple hrs in and still okay! Gave him some sugar water and put some feed in the bin just in case... Not much but enough just in case... :)

Back
Top Bottom