Need help ASAP! Rooster gasping for air and making a gurgling nose.

Tookie

🐓Eggsuberant🐤
Premium Feather Member
Dec 19, 2021
Central Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I need help with my rooster, I'm not sure if he aspirated or something but he's gasping for air and making a gurgling noise. I also think he may have sour crop. He is 7 years old so this may be it for him. :( Is there anything I can do?

I need help with my rooster, I'm not sure if he aspirated or something but he's gasping for air and making a gurgling noise. I also think he may have sour crop. He is 7 years old so this may be it for him. :( Is there anything I can do?
Im so sorry !! Im not sure what to tell you....can you empty his crop?? I don't know if that's something that would help or not or will make it worse but Id try anything. Is he still hanging in there?? Is there a vet nearby you could ask??

Im so sorry !! Im not sure what to tell you....can you empty his crop?? I don't know if that's something that would help or not or will make it worse but Id try anything. Is he still hanging in there?? Is there a vet nearby you could ask??
I don't know how to empty a crop. He is still hanging in there. Unfortunately a vet is not an option.

I did put some VetRx on his nostrils and beak. I also put a humidifier in front of him. He does make a certain noise when he is only standing up, once I put the humidifier in front of him while he was standing up he pretty much stopped making that certain noise.

I'm pretty sure he has sour crop because his crop is pretty big. Today I was holding him and liquid came out of his mouth and poured on my arm. I put him down and he started shaking his head, some liquid came out while he was doing that. After that he started gasping for air and making a noise. I think he aspirated.

I don't know how to empty a crop. He is still hanging in there. Unfortunately a vet is not an option.

I'm pretty sure he has sour crop because his crop is pretty big. Today I was holding him and liquid came out of his mouth and poured on my arm. I put him down and he started shaking his head, some liquid came out while he was doing that. After that he started gasping for air and making a noise. I think he aspirated.
I just googled " How to empty a chickens crop" and Youtube and Backyard chickens both have info on it!! Not too hard it doesn't seem.

I just googled " How to empty a chickens crop" and Youtube and Backyard chickens both have info on it!! Not too hard it doesn't seem.
I can't seem to find anything on it, I am searching "how to empty a chickens crop" on google and all that comes up is stuff about sour and impacted crop. Can't find anything on BYC either. Could you give me a link?

Back
Top Bottom