NEED HELP BAD!!!!!!!

BIG-BIRD

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 16, 2007
I just came into the door after going down to my chickens to see what all the noise was about, then I saw :eek:: :eek: a big fox 2 feet away from me, he seen me and ran to the other way towards the bushes, I got my hockey stick and ran after him, but got too far into the bushes. he has been here a few times last week, and last year he took 13 RIR from me and there was a big hole in the fencing, this year I put up heavy duty chain link fencing. I want to trap him and bring him far far away or do something,

any help would be appreciated.

Do you have dogs? I would guess not.

A fox will stay away from an area that dogs mark with their urine.
Our lot borders forests with lots of foxes and coyotes. We have seen
them deep in the woods but have never seen any come into our yard.
We have two dogs and our neighbors have two that pee around the
perimeter of our property.

I've also seen repellents in feed stores you may want to try. These are
stinky chemicals (organic I think) that you spray around.

Trapping is an option but another fox will move in on his territory once
he is gone.

Oh Big Bird.....There are a few things I would try. Have any and ALL male humans coming to yout house, go urinate around the coop. Pass out the beer, tea,soda, coffee....whatever! It does help ALOT with predators. Also, you could get electric fencing...and place a hot dog ON the electric fence, so when the fox takes the bait, they get a friendly reminder....its NOT a snack shop. Just make sure you lock them dwon tight at night, and that the fox can NOT get inside. If he can.....they will have no where to run...unless they have HIGH perches. Good luck, be safe.

thanks for the awsome info, I just went into the bush myself to see what I could find, I think I found the fox den, and seen some fox poo, it was a little coil and little coil on top of that, (does it sound like it could be a fox poo) I found a chickens skull and one leg back there, the hole is about 1ftx1ft. I threw a golf ball, a brick in the hole too hehehe,
lol.png
. now all I need to do is to see if it is the fox den.

By the size you are stating... it does sound like a fox hole. We have one here about that size down at the creek. The urine does work very well... My sons and DH go outside occasionally and pee around my coop... havent had any trouble... But we also have 4 dogs... one tied up down at the creek which is our coon dog... I have another that is tied up about 20' from the coop... and then I have 2 right now that are my runners... We have had no problems except for the past couple of nights and our dogs have taken care of things. During the day though, we see nothing... Good Luck

Tes

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you, it does work.

I'm just trying to imagine asking my male guest to come out to the coop to "water the plants"
gig.gif

Would I call them and invite them to a P party?
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif

To get the men to pee around your coop, all you have to do is specifically tell them that never, under any circumstances, are they to pee on the coop. Then just turn your back.
roll.png

yuckyuck.gif

Hey, listen, sometimes our aim isn't all that great. Especially
around a dark coop with mosquitos biting our butts.

Oh, you should see our bathroom ceiling.
ya.gif

maybe I will have to go to canadian tire and get some cow pee:lol: a 2 litre jug of it, hope it will work.

If you want men to pee around your coop all you have to do is get a keg of beer. After about 1/2 the keg is gone, tell them to pee around the coop. Not only will they not think it strange, they'll make a game out of it.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom