Need Help-Caring for Neighbors Hens

Posting an update for all of you who have helped me so far! I went to see the hens after work today and they looked great. Lively and animated. I checked for eggs and they had three. Hub got one this morning when he went to feed them for me. So four isn't bad. I gave them some yogurt and checked their food and they have been eating a good deal of the new, correct food. And wonder of wonders they had gone after that hanging cabbage finally! I was so excited to see that. I guess I'm easy that way, lol.

I also got a look at their behinds and while still bare, they do look improved, in my opinion. Since I made the changes, I haven't seen them pecking at each other while I have been there. Unfortunately because of the situation, I can't just go check on them every hour and stay with them, so I have to trust that what I'm seeing while I'm there is indicative of what might be going on when I'm not there. Especially if they seem to be feeling well and laying still.

I didn't give any Duramycin today so they only got one day of that. If they are improved I don't see a reason for it, thanks for giving me a heads up on that Dawg.

Tomorrow, I will definitely get the Blu-kote. I couldn't today as I worked, so I'm hoping that will speed their healing even more.

A million thanks to you all, you really have led me down the right path. I hope I can keep posting positive updates, but I don't want to bore you to death
wink.png

Oh, and wondering 1muttsfan, can I give them small bite dry dog food as well? We have some of that on hand.

Glad to hear you have done so well with the girls, sounds like they are much improved.

Cat food is much higher in protein than dog food. Even if it says - for example - 22% protein, the actual digestable amount is usually much less, unless it is a premium food with highly digestable protein (which you can't tell by the label). So a decent quality cat food will work, where dog food won't.

Back
Top Bottom