Need help catching a duck

^ true. My ducks trip all the time over their food/water bowls though.

I've thought of 2 ideas that might work better anyways.

1. To put food inside of a small rabbit cage I have (nowhere near big enough for a rabbit or duck but it will work to trap her in). when she goes in for the food I'll close the door.

or..

2. as soon as its daylight out I'll put a small pen i have down on the bank of the pond, put food there, and call her. When she goes to eat I'll flip the pen and she'll be trapped inside. Then I've got to quickly throw some pillows over the top before she can fly out. After that I'll carfully climb inside the pen and wrap a towel around her so my dad can bring the pen up to our porch without her getting away.

Of the two, I think the 1st is better because She might fly before I can flip the pen or before i can throw something over the top of the pen.

Go out at night using a flashlight and a long handled fish net. They can see better that chickens at night but can be caught...
I know one night last winter a fox came right up into front yard and my dogs were sleeping a few feet away!
I quickly went out and netted my male muscovy and put him in the barn. He pretty much had the run of the place but rest of winter he stayed in pen and slept in barn with chickens....

I checked the minute it was light enough to see and she's not out there
sad.png
I hope she comes back later today... and wasn;t eaten by an animal during the night.

Back
Top Bottom