NEED HELP COUNTING! YES COUNTING!

luvchikies

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
I have been reading another thread and that person is freaking me OUT! THEY (I say they because they are 2) are making me very CONFUSED! ok this is what I need help on. I placed eggs on the bator JANUARY 02, 2009 at 10 pm so When will it be the 21st days? im just asking 21st not when they hatch JUST 21st days. Will it be the 23rd or 24th????? Because this person told me "Did you placed them after noon or before?" And that took me off. So they will complete a day at 10 pm each day???? like if today at 10pm they will 16th right? then at 10pm they will be 17th???? IM CONFUSED PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!! I believe tuesday is their 18th so when i come from school at 4pm I turn them and add water till humidity stays at 60% OR do I have to wait till 10pm to do it?????? IM CONFUSED! I will no longer read from that thread because one gets me on the days and the other one on the temp. and humidity. They told me to put the thermometer on top of the eggs but it will cracked them! Are they wanting me not to hatch the chicks or why are they making this hard to me??

The 23rd at 10PM you finish day 21... and start day 22.

Stop turning at 10PM on the 20th and add some water.... you can do it when you get home from school. 6 hours isn't going to make that much difference.

Thank you guys you really help me not like those two that tried to fool me THANK YOU!!! I have another question my temp. lately has been 102.4 -102.9 but since it was going to reach 103 like a minute ago I turned the thermostat a little ans now it is decreasing is at 102.2 Are my temperatures good or are they too high??? Im TRUSTING you guys so please don't try to fool me.

Bordering on high but they should be fine. So long as it doesn't stay over 103 for too long (several hours) they will be fine. Even then they usually hatch but I would start taking measures at that point to make sure it doesn't get any higher. At 104 you really start risking a lost chick.

Back
Top Bottom