1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NEED HELP!crazy pecking order

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by XxCosmoxX, Mar 19, 2013.

1. XxCosmoxX

XxCosmoxX Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    so 2 rooster fighting as usual...there friends since they were a teens...1st rooster breed is Gallus-Gallus or Native chicken....the 2nd one,NO IDEA...but not fighting breed,...so the 2nd on is much bigger then the 1st one,longer leg,neck,toes...but arent fighting breed....so the thing is the 2nd rooster keep challenging the 1st rooster...they fight every MONTH!!!1 or 2 time every month...its like an Event....so today the fight gone more crazy!! and bloody....they fight half-dead...i can even smell there meat,blood...awefull blood smell...(i dont cockfight chicken) is natural pecking order,and yes they have food,water,space...they have quite big free run...so back to story..today was crazy...they fight in the afternoon,night and rest then fight back to gathered up all the time they fight..is Aproximatly 25 minute..scars,blue face,blood,meat,u name it...i thought one em gonna die..but no..there resting right now,and maybe tommorow morning they fight again(please pray,no casualties...)so,pleaseeeee helpppppp meeee with thissss...THXXXXX :)...il post video of em fighting...btw today fight is long cause Goliath the turkey thrash the top Rooster,so they have to restablish there pecking order...please help,i love my rooster...

2. Ducclelover10

Ducclelover10 Overrun With Chickens

You need to get rid of one of those roosters! Fast! They're just gonna keep fighting until you remove one of them!
    We've dealt with this before.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    here is one thing you can try. now this worked for me with my pullet pecking my younger chicks but roosters are far more agressive but you can try this if you don't see improvement likely you should remove the agressive rooster but there is a purple lotion called rooster booster peck no more, put it all over the rooster that's being pecked on it won't hurt him but it smells and tastes so bad the other rooster should leave him alone. my pullet pecked once with that stuff on my chicks and that was all it took it was so nasty to her she stopped pecking the chicks entirely! i don't even have to use it any more. she has stopped completely. you can give this a try. it is purple to cover blood and it also treats wounds with tea tree oil in it. if he still fights him with that stuff on there is probly no stopping him! this stuff is so nasty to tthe other birds they want to stay away from it. its only about 6 dollars at the feed store or online. it worked like a charm for me and worked first time but I'm not sure how agressive your rooster is but you give it a try. if he still fights him, get rid of the agressive rooster. but do see if it helps. its made to stop a bird from pecking his wounds but it works Great to stop others from pecking also. its a thick purple lotion.when i put it on my chicks my pullet pecked um once and that was it! it was so nasty she completely stopped pecking them all together! worked the first time, first day i tried it.much better than those no pecking sprays! this stuff smells so strong they hate it. see if it helps you out. if not,then that rooster will never stop and you should consider getting rid of him. but give it a try first and see if it helps. worked like a miricle for me but I'm not dealing with a rooster. but see if it helps you out. best of luck!

1 person likes this.
  4. XxCosmoxX

XxCosmoxX Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    guyss thxx,the 2nd rooster is now ontop of the pecking order now,its ok the 1st rooster lose and he's fine..no more fight :)...now i just have to give the 1st rooster a bath since he's all muddy,scrappy,meaty...ohh yeah,1 more question i have 4 month siamese fighting chicken,when do i realease em out with the other's,the only problem is my hen are fat and nasty sometimes,im fine if the male roo peck em a bit to show he's the boss...but not hen,since they always peck and peck and peck...any idea when shloud i realease em??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by