Need help designing an irregular-shaped covered run

Pics
It took two guys to move just the walls one by one when I was assembling it... That thing weighs a TON! Especially the roof. It has two packs of shingles on it, which themselves are 100 pounds.

Here’s a picture of the coop. It’s 5x7, and 8 feet tall at the taller end, 7 feet at the shorter end. The linden tree is in the way so I can’t move/roll it in that direction, and similarly the dogwood is blocking from the other side. Oh what fun 😫

View attachment 2032015

The dogwood looks like a young tree, if so moving and replanting it would be easier and less expensive. Buying a new dogwood tree would be less expensive than the other fees for a survey, etc.

If the distance between those two trees is greater than the width of the coop, I could move that thing by myself by rotating the coop and sliding it between the trees. Not by picking it up, but using rollers like I mentioned earlier.

If the distance between those two trees is greater than the width of the coop, I could move that thing by myself by rotating the coop and sliding it between the trees. Not by picking it up, but using rollers like I mentioned earlier.
How would you slide it onto the rollers? "Slide" isn't quite the best word here. The floor has a lot of friction with the cinder blocks and doesn't want to go anywhere...

How would you slide it onto the rollers? "Slide" isn't quite the best word here. The floor has a lot of friction with the cinder blocks and doesn't want to go anywhere...

I would jack it up enough to remove all blocks except for one in each corner. Then slide two rollers (logs in my case) underneath, then jack up to remove blocks and set coop down on rollers, one end at a time.

You could jack it up and slide it via a couple of sturdy ramps. I don't think rolling it on logs would work. Maybe you can rent those metal ramps with the rollers built in them.

Back
Top Bottom