Need Help - Duck Egg pipped with yolk coming out.

So the duck made the hole on its own. When I noticed the hole (It was on the bottom side of the egg), I moved the egg and it was stuck to the hatching mat because of the goo that came out of the egg. I don't think it pipped through the air sac. It appears as if it went through the shell just below the air-sac. I can't tell if the nares are free and clear of goo.

So the duck made the hole on its own. When I noticed the hole (It was on the bottom side of the egg), I moved the egg and it was stuck to the hatching mat because of the goo that came out of the egg. I don't think it pipped through the air sac. It appears as if it went through the shell just below the air-sac. I can't tell if the nares are free and clear of goo.

Check it to make sure the nares are clear of the goo... if the goo covers the nares and it gets just slightly dry, that stuff hardens up like gorilla glue and *could* suffocate the duckling... use a qtip to clear the goo out from around the nares, then wait... it may hatch on it's own fine, or may need assistance later...

Check it to make sure the nares are clear of the goo... if the goo covers the nares and it gets just slightly dry, that stuff hardens up like gorilla glue and *could* suffocate the duckling... use a qtip to clear the goo out from around the nares, then wait... it may hatch on it's own fine, or may need assistance later...
Thanks for the advice. Do I just use a dry q-tip?

Back
Top Bottom