Need help; duckling pipped wrong end (36 hours ago; no progress)

I’m hatching my first ducklings and read through all of this. I’m in tears. I’m so sorry :( My first one pipped over 24 hours ago (day 24) and at the wrong end as well. I’m already panicking but waiting impatiently...

I’m hatching my first ducklings and read through all of this. I’m in tears. I’m so sorry :( My first one pipped over 24 hours ago (day 24) and at the wrong end as well. I’m already panicking but waiting impatiently...

Rubberducky did your little one make it out? I have THREE in the incubator right now at least 24 hours past pipping in the wrong end. Did you help or did it make it out itself? I am torn about leaving them be and trying to help...

Rubberducky did your little one make it out? I have THREE in the incubator right now at least 24 hours past pipping in the wrong end. Did you help or did it make it out itself? I am torn about leaving them be and trying to help...
Yes!! Don’t help! It took him 49 hours from pip to total hatch. 2 of my eggs took that long. The other 3 were much quicker. Can you hear them? It’s so hard to have patience but hang in there!! Mine are all super strong and healthy. :)

Yes!! Don’t help! It took him 49 hours from pip to total hatch. 2 of my eggs took that long. The other 3 were much quicker. Can you hear them? It’s so hard to have patience but hang in there!! Mine are all super strong and healthy. :)

Thank you so much for your response :) Yes, we can hear them and see them moving around quite happily. We did a very gentle test and there are still active blood vessels, so you're definitely right- we just have to patient! I'm glad to hear he got out on his own. I'm so hopeful that will be the case here.
We had six eggs make it to lockdown, one quit, one pipped (breech) very early and died soon after, one hatched more or less normally and the other three are all breech and hanging in there. I don't know why 5/6 were breech but I assume since it was my first time hatching eggs I had the humidity and/or temperature slightly off.
Thanks again- I'll let you know how it goes :)
Cilantro2.JPG

I ended up having to help my three breech ducklings out. We took it slow and stopped if there was blood, but all three needed assistance due to sticky membrane and terrible positioning. Two are now resting in the brooder, snuggling with the one that hatched yesterday, and my last little one is recovering in the incubator. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom