Need help! Emergency

Feb 13, 2021
I have a 2 year old hen and she has sour crop. I’m treating her with womens anti fungal yeast infection cream but it’s not working. Her crop still feels like a huge balloon and it’s been that way since Thursday. I’ve given her more than I should because I figured it wasn’t enough. I almost think there’s a blockage further down. She’s eating seeds and maybe drinking a little water. Her poop is semi solid but it stink. So does she. My other chickens smell a certain way when they are healthy. She also has feather issues they are brittle and they don’t regrow very much. The vet isn’t open and even if they were I don’t have enough money.

Are you checking the crop early in the morning before she eats or drinks? What do you normally feed? Do you have granite poultry grit available in a separate container to help the gizzard grind up foods and grass? I would stop the seeds or any whole grains. Try some very watery mushy feed and some egg. Does the bad odor seem to be coming from her beak if you press gently on her crop? Does she normally lay eggs? Have you wormed her lately?

This little girl is a fighter. I have no idea how she pulled through. Her crop didn’t drain from Thursday morning until Monday morning. Only twice did she show signs of weakness. She kept eating the whole time. I have her a whole tube of womens anti fungal 2% and gave her 1 preloaded tube of 4% and her crop was empty this morning. I looked at her poop and there was a ball of grass and fiberous materials that she passed. I am shocked. My other chickens would not have been in such good spirits. My other girls are down within 36 hours of sour crop not eating drinking hiding. Not Marcel. She’s got half inch spurs and is at the bottom of the pecking order my little girl is a fighter, and she wasn’t going down without one.

This little girl is a fighter. I have no idea how she pulled through. Her crop didn’t drain from Thursday morning until Monday morning. Only twice did she show signs of weakness. She kept eating the whole time. I have her a whole tube of womens anti fungal 2% and gave her 1 preloaded tube of 4% and her crop was empty this morning. I looked at her poop and there was a ball of grass and fiberous materials that she passed. I am shocked. My other chickens would not have been in such good spirits. My other girls are down within 36 hours of sour crop not eating drinking hiding. Not Marcel. She’s got half inch spurs and is at the bottom of the pecking order my little girl is a fighter, and she wasn’t going down without one.
Glad she's better!
Still keep an eye on her to make sure it doesn't come back.

Back
Top Bottom